EcoCoco Pillar is a blend specifically developed for the making of pillar candles and wax melts. Benefits of this wax are:
- Only needs a single pour and easily removes from moulds.
- Produces structural candles with a smooth creamy finish.
- Suitable for blending with fragrances and oil soluble dye.
- A bright white colour, a characteristic of coconut wax.
- Provides a smooth surface finish with a subtle gloss.
- Doesn't contain any soy, palm or paraffin products.
- Natural additives improve burn and scent throw.
- Provides excellent hot and cold scent throw.
- Produces vibrant colours with minimal dye.
- Not tested on animals in its manufacture.
- No animal products are used in this wax.
- Can take a fragrance load of up to 12%*
- Also a great choice for melts and tarts.
- It is biodegradable and vegan friendly.
- 100% natural blend of coconut wax.
- Cure time of 48 hours.
*The CLP we provide with our fragrance oils is for use up to 10%. A new CLP would be needed if the full 12% is used.
The wax should be melted to around 75°C when using dyes to ensure it fully dissolves into the wax. We recommended that moderate stirring is carried out.
Moulds should be clean and free of contaminants. They should be at least at room temperature, although pre-heating them to approx. 45 - 50°C can be beneficial.
Fragrance / Pouring
Add your fragrance oil as close to pour temperature as possible for optimum results and mix immediately prior to pouring. Greater adhesion to containers can be achieved by pouring at 65°C. If you experience difficulties with your pour temperature, try a lower or higher temperature in increments of 5 - 10°C.
Minimise the time that the wax is at a high temperatures in order to reduce burning off the fragrance.
Natural waxes tend to require larger wick sizes than traditional paraffin waxes. Fragrance, colour and candle configuration have a great impact on the best wick choice. Too large of a wick may cause sooting, accelerated burn times and guttering (wax leaking through the side of the candle). Too small a wick will cause tunnelling and produce a smaller flame. Keep wicks trimmed to ¼ inch. If you experience poor flame quality or stability, try a different type of wick.
Cool undisturbed candles at room temperature (about 25°C) for 48 hours before test burning. Test burn the candle for burn pool diameter and “mushrooming”. Mushrooming is when carbon and/or other substances build up on the end of the wick interfering with combustion. Mushrooming can cause sooting and poor odours. Try different wicks until you have your desired burn pool diameter and a good clean flame.
Coconut wax typically has a cure time of 1-2 days.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Technical Data Sheet (TDS) are both available to download below.