Melt is an all-natural soy wax specifically designed for making perfect wax tarts and melts. Benefits of this wax are:
- Holds vibrant colour and provides excellent mould release.
- Exhibits an excellent scent throw, both hot and cold.
- Uses only a small amount of liquid dye or chips.
- Can take a fragrance load of up to 12%*
- Does not contain any GMO products.
- Arrives in pellet form for ease of use.
- Gives a smooth and creamy finish.
- Biodegrades and is vegan friendly.
- Requires only a single pour.
*The CLP we provide with our fragrance oils is for use up to 10%. A new CLP would be needed if the full 12% is used.
The wax should be melted to around 75°C when using dyes to ensure it fully dissolves into the wax. We recommended that moderate stirring is carried out. When not including dyes, melting the wax to 70°C will be sufficient.
Moulds should be clean and free of contaminants. They should be at least at room temperature, although pre-heating to approx. 45 - 50°C can be beneficial.
Fragrance / Pouring
We recommend pouring at 60°C and adding your fragrance oil as close to pour temperature as possible for optimum results. If you experience difficulties with your pour temperature, try a lower or higher temperature in increments of 5 - 10°C.
Minimise the time that the wax is at a high temperature in order to reduce burning off the fragrance.
Soy wax typically has a cure time of 2 weeks, however after testing we found the scent throw to be good after only 3 days.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Technical Data Sheet (TDS) are both available to download below.