A botanical-based 100% soy wax that has been specifically designed for use in melts and tarts. Benefits of this wax are:
- Requires only a single pour and no additional additives.
- Provides an excellent scent throw, both hot and cold.
- Made from completely natural renewable resources.
- Brilliant for holding vibrant colour and fragrance.
- Uses only a small amount of liquid dye or chips.
- Completely free of animal derived substances.
- Offers significant bloom/frost reduction.
- Makes high quality wax melts and tarts.
- Can take a fragrance load of up to 10%.
- Arrives in flake format for ease of use.
- Pours with a smooth level surface.
- Biodegrades and is vegan friendly.
- Cleans up easily after making.
- Releases well from moulds.
The wax should be melted to around 80°C when using dyes to ensure it fully dissolves into the wax. We recommended that moderate stirring is carried out.
Moulds should be clean and free of contaminants. They should be at least at room temperature, although pre-heating to approx. 45 - 50°C can be beneficial.
Fragrance / Pouring
We recommend pouring at 70°C and adding your fragrance oil as close to pour temperature as possible for optimum results. An ambient cooling room temperature of 20-25°C is ideal. If you experience difficulties with your pour temperature, try a lower or higher temperature in increments of 5°C.
Minimise the time that the wax is at a high temperature in order to reduce burning off the fragrance.
Soy wax typically has a cure time of 2 weeks, however after testing we found the scent throw to be good after only 3 days.
Handling Sheet PDF is available to download below.