Rapeseed & Coconut (Melt Blend) is a specially formulated blend for wax melts and tea-lights. Benefits of this wax are:
- Holds vibrant colour and releases from moulds easily.
- Exhibits an excellent scent throw, both hot and cold.
- Only requires a cure time of a minimum of 24 hours.
- Vegan friendly as well as Halal and Kosher certified.
- It is not derived from Genetically Modified crops.
- Produced from renewable and sustainable crop.
- Uses only a small amount of liquid dye or chips.
- Can take a fragrance load of up to 8- 12%*
- Contains no soy or palm derived materials.
- Arrives in granule form for ease of use.
- Gives a smooth and creamy finish.
- Contains no other additives.
*The CLP we provide with our fragrance oils is for use up to 10%. A new CLP would be needed if the full 12% is used.
The wax should be melted to around 75°C when using dyes to ensure it fully dissolves into the wax. We recommended that moderate stirring is carried out. When not including dyes, melting the wax to 65°C will be sufficient.
Moulds should be clean and free of contaminants. They should be at least at room temperature, although pre-heating to approx. 45 - 50°C can be beneficial.
Fragrance / Pouring
We recommend adding your fragrance at 60-65°C and stirring the wax well to ensure it is fully mixed. This wax is quite versatile with regard to pour temperatures, with good results achievable pouring between 45°C and 65°C. If pouring in a cold room, it is best to pour at the hotter end of the scale to avoid lines forming when the wax touches the side of the mould. If you experience difficulties with your pour temperature, try a lower or higher temperature in increments of 5 - 10°C.
Minimise the time that the wax is at a high temperature in order to reduce burning off the fragrance.
Coconut typically has a cure time of 24 hours.
Handling Sheet PDF is available to download below.